Saturday, September 1, 2012

Tiger Woods - Jeff Overton's Old Putter Learns Lessons Well - Worcester Telegram & Gazette

NORTONJeff Overton has had all 5 putting instructors within the continue handful of months, but he has never evolved his putter.

In fact, he's happen to be with the same smooth adhere to get twelve years now.

I've already been with all the identical Odyssey Two-Ball putter since I ended up being a new sophomore within college, this 2005 Indiana University scholar said. It's recently been very bad lately.

Overton's putter was awesome, possibly not awful, yesteryear a . m . inside the beginning circle regarding the actual Deutsche Bank Championship.

Overton along with his Odyssey putter blistered the particular back again eleven with TPC Norton while he birdied five from the very last seven holes, as well as five direct with the 12th towards 16th, on his or her method to a 7-under-par 64. He tied Tiger Woods with the morning wave's very best round.

Behind leader Seung-Yul Noh (62) as well as Chris Kirk (63), Overton can be strapped intended for 3 rd using Woods and also Ryan Moore coming into today's subsequent round.

Anytime an individual place Tiger Woods , I think you will have done a new very good job, explained that 29-year-old Overton, who's a couple of top-10 along with eight top-25 coatings this year.

Asked whether or not they have considered switching to some longer putter in order to the favorite abdominal style, the particular 6-foot-4, 195-pound Overton stated they had not, and added, It's seriously a great deal of among this ears. I harvested a few checkpoints the following few days and made sure I committed to my personal stroke.

Overton added his newest putting coach, James Sieckmann, along with focusing on his or her alignment, saying, It's getting a lot more disciplined. I feel it can be essential if you possibly could receive covered up and uncover your current mark, and I opened in club penguin my stance a little bit.

The modifications worked, however , not instantly yesterday.

I missed a little bit 4-footer for the seventh hole, plus I was like, please. I nearly started out crying. I've previously worked thus challenging about inserting the last weeks, he said.

On the bed nine, his Odyssey flipped magical, commencing on the twelfth following your dog reach an increased diminish 5-iron to 4 feet. I had been sitting down there thinking, 'Come on, do whatsoever you'll be able to in order to understand this from the hole.' I pulled the idea slightly bit, and I ended up being like, 'Oh, gosh, had missed the item again.' Just the aggravation was there, nevertheless in some this baseball leaked inside hole.

Renewed along with confidence, Overton accompanied with effective birdie putts connected with 5, 15, some and 20 feet, on the upcoming four holes, and then built a 10-footer in order to save par about the 17th. Then your dog received his or her last birdie, keyed by just what he labeled on the list of top personal trainer computer chip shots he's ever before made, to the par-5 18th, through driving this green.

Overton is actually expecting to create the particular leading seventy inside the point standings and arrange upcoming week's event from the FedExCup playoffs with Crooked Stick GC inside Carmel, Ind.

To proceed house for you to Indiana and participate in your Tour celebration on my own dwelling soil would become actually cool, stated Overton. I've never played golfing in a very Tour event there. Hopefully, I can keep putt well.

Woods delighted the particular daybreak masses together with his personal 64, a spherical that featured half a dozen immediately birdies out of holes eighteen to help 5. He made which has a bogey on No. 9, a matter of minutes ahead of Overton complete for the back.

I trialled really well today, Woods said. I hit lots of good shots, and along with that, I putted well in the identical time. It ended up being a good bit of combination. Had two genuinely fairly sweet tiny flop pictures presently there today, which will appeared to be nice, a single from twelve month period your decide one from 4. Overall I seemed to be really pleased about began seeing I enjoyed these days and managed it, and then the actual wind turbine going picking up, as well as I however hit excellent shots.

Woods added, I reach the particular basketball even today, along with I simply just acquired a hard time getting it to try and learn the wind, simply because whenever I struck the item flush, them moves proper in the wind. My ball isn't going to necessities while much.

The wind seemed to be also your topic while Woods talked about his bogey on the par-4 ninth, his ultimate ditch belonging to the day.

Well, I had a sale 81 throughout right now there and also hit just a tiny 7-iron, so you could find Nick (Watney) seemed to be just simply a little bit prior to me, as well as he strike 7-iron, and also we were, what, 35 yards apart on each of our two 7-irons. I grabbed your lull, as well as he captured a gust. You know, we got confused on equally with our shots, also it was some sort of rather big discrepancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment