Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blue Jays - Melky Cabrera Joins Jays - Admits Drug Mistake - Sports

DUNEDIN, Fla. (AP) Melky Cabrera drew hugs through his brand-new Toronto teammates, in that case trotted out his or her personal mantra to be able to deflect questions concerning very last year's meds suspension.

The 28-year-old outfielder registered the actual Blue Jays with planting season training on Friday. He seemed to be this MVP connected with the All-Star adventure last summer, although ended up being subsequently suspended 50 game titles by Major League Baseball after having a positive test out intended for testosterone.

The San Francisco Giants left your ex boyfriend off of this postseason roster throughout their cost that World Series championship.

With just negligible variations, Cabrera frequently claimed through your translator: ''I produced a mistake. I paid for the price regarding it. I'm wanting forward to be able to 2013.''

The grounds for his reticence: a awaiting investigation, he said.

''My law firms are usually dealing with MLB. The attorneys 're going that they are those making every one of the assertions concerning continue year,'' he said.

Cabrera closed a two-year agreement valued at $16 million immediately after that Giants let him or her go.

Cabrera led the NL with hitting from .346 when your dog had been dangling Aug. 15. He requested MLB to get a regulations modify that will disqualified your pet from the batting title, stating it would be your discolored achievement. He acquired 11 home runs, 25 doubles and also 60 RBIs in 113 games.

''I have no idea in the event that I'm visiting have the numbers I acquired last year. I won't be able to anticipate your numbers,'' he / she said. ''The only issue I understand will be this I proved helpful out there six days to weeks per week inside the Dominican for being prepared just for this season. I'm ready.''

Blue Jays supervisor John Gibbons, whom has been Cabrera's bench coach whenever the two have been with Kansas City, said ?t had been very good to see him or her about the particular field.

''The baby can easily hit,'' Gibbons said. ''In Kansas City, your dog acquired about 200 hits. So I've only seen the particular youngster when they've also been good.''

Cabrera explained he have very little doubts about how his Blue Jays teammates could accept him, especially he or she experienced family members waiting inside.

''I acquired plenty of hugs,'' particularly from many other Dominicans Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Reyes, Cabrera said.

''They almost all advised me, 'This is the household for now.' I talked to help those individuals throughout the offseason. They told me, 'Don't worry about whatever else. You're visiting be attained together with wide open arms.' That's exactly what happened.,'' your dog said.

Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos said the staff experienced done a whole qualifications check. He stated comment forms coming from Cabrera's original teammates, professional poker coaches as well as front-office personnel were uniformly positive.

Anthopoulos also reported that will in the individual conversation while using eight-year veteran, this individual experienced expected the reason why Cabrera had violated baseball's narcotic policy. While not disclosing the actual response, he / she appeared to be satisfied that Cabrera had been contrite.

''He understands also that people have a appropriate to help require you whatever these people want,'' Anthopoulos said. ''It seemed to be a great chat overall along with I asked all those things. Obviously, I was content at that point.''

Cabrera said this individual did not fear this day.

''I knew it absolutely was coming,'' your dog said. ''I appeared to be awaiting it. I planned to encounter that touch and the people. I recognized I made a mistake. It's in past times in addition to I'm going to move forward.''

No comments:

Post a Comment