Monday, February 11, 2013

Minor League - Yankees Shortstop Derek Jeter Runs Treadmill - Takes Ground Balls - News

Facebook

TAMPA, Fla. Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter played with a treadmill with Monday with regard to once since obtaining eventually left ankle surgical treatment around October and explained this it felt "great."

Jeter as well procured related to seventy five to 80 surface projectiles with his / her shortstop location during a a . m . exercise routine along at the Yankees' Minor League facility, with minimal horizontal activity along with no tosses through the diamond.

"I'm merely progressing, like I've told you," Jeter said. "I'm right wherever I ought to be. I've obtained the actual OK to accomplish everything now."

The Yanks happen to be beginning carefully using Jeter, who broken his or her ankle lunging for the soil basketball within Game 1 in the American League Championship Series at Yankee Stadium, but many people feel Jeter shall be ready to perform shortstop on Opening Day from the Red Sox.

"I look fine," Jeter said. "I been able to try and do every thing else, I just simply needed to be very careful using my own ankle. Now, I've gotten that green easy having that. I've gotten each of the efficient signals I need."

Outfielder Curtis Granderson, which also proved helpful out during your Minor League complicated on Monday, said that he or she virtually forgot regarding Jeter's season-ending injuries while this individual discovered the shortstop running within the treadmill.

"He looked good," Granderson said. "It was weird, they had been with there and I simply followed up; we were being chatting and I didn't take into consideration which simply because he wasn't hobbling close to or wincing with pain. To me, this looked like he was just heating up."

Yankees pitchers as well as catchers are generally planned for you to are accountable to get away with Tuesday, using the very first workout upon Wednesday. Position players aren't already signed to are accountable to camping until eventually Sunday, thus Jeter will probably continue their routines in the Himes Avenue Minor League complex until then.

"It's a normal progression," Jeter said. "Even in case I decided not to crack my personal ankle, you will find steps. This is probably a different step in the process of which I could well be performing anyway. When I actually start out using yard balls, I take them around the turf and don't move. Then I begin to move, then I back up, and so it really is the same as several years before."

Jeter is definitely estimated for being somewhat lurking behind many of the Yanks' alternative players with Spring Training and may even see improved measures from designated hitter with the first number of weeks regarding games. Jeter said he or she is not necessarily focused on how many at-bats this individual needs to get ready for any frequent season.

"I've already been throughout Spring Trainings in which I've obtained a great deal , I've happen to be throughout Spring Trainings where I've handled the WBC when I haven't much received many," Jeter said. "I do not think you will find really a unique number. I consider it really is just whenever people feel comfortable. If you receive down to your very good start, that they express you don't need many at-bats. If you don't, they will say you'll need more."

No comments:

Post a Comment