Thursday, February 14, 2013

Usa Today - Bryce Harper Ready To Play Hurt - On Death Bed - Sick

Bryce Harper, exactly who converted something like 20 with Oct. 16, became the best player in order to gain top rated rookie raises the bar in though playing being a teenager because Dwight Gooden inside 1984.(Photo: Joy R. Absalon, USA TODAY Sports)

Story Highlights

Harper says he is targeted on earning a World Series for his or her heading off manager

Harper's rookie season: 22 homers, 18 stolen facets and a .270 regular in 139 games

Harper revealed up from training camp a toned 230 pounds

VIERA, Fla. Bryce Harper will be back, bigger in addition to wanting to be improved compared to ever.

The National League fresh with the year along with Washington Nationals eventually left fielder that's his or her lasting outfield position now proved upward from instruction get away Thursday centered on successful your World Series for his settlement manager, location goals put on cause questions related to their sanity or more to somewhat of a toned 230 pounds.

He's not any first year anymore, but little different provides changed.

"I'm nevertheless 20," this individual said. "I'm nevertheless young. I'm about to handle every guy with our company by using respect, likely to address every male within the some other dugout along with respect. I'm still in which youthful guy released there. I'm even now planning to play a similar online game I play."

His sport is actually your hard-driving, all-out and also frequently brash method of everything he does.

"Go on the market in addition to give 120%, engage in hurt, sick, with my passing bed," they said. "Go on the market and work hard, participate in the action the proper way, transform nothing."

That's that tactic this convinced teammates plus oppositions this was in excess of a number of cocky teenager. His anticipation will be above everyone else's.

"I have pursuits in my travel nevertheless I'm not visiting talk about those," your dog stated after debuting along with twenty two homers, eighteen stolen facets including a .270 average in 139 games. "People may possibly believe I'm crazy. I plan to discuss my personal expectations, and people would be the just expectations that will make a difference that will me."

The team, he realizes, as well provides the encumbrance involving outlook coming down a 98-win months but a Division Series elimination.

"Expectations are usually always gonna always be higher with regard to our own team," they said. "Of course, most people desires to win that World Series. Hopefully I can easily participate in for any upcoming 10 or 15 ages and still have an additional shot at receiving one."

But he has been likewise alert it really is just one continue chance to get 70-year-old administrator Davey Johnson, whose solely other ring as a boss came around 1986.

"I you should not are interested to get his or her previous year," Harper said. "But when most of us can, produce the pup move out on top and get your ex boyfriend that will World Series."

Harper percieves that will while part of stimulating occasions inside Washington.

"You found the particular postseason final year," he said. "You discovered with all the Redskins this year plus RGI. It's a thrilling period with regard to D.C. I'm getting chills right today considering it, that him and i could possibly begin something special in that , city."

Not terrible from the person that grew way up a Dallas Cowboys fan.

And the best way special?

"Play our game, with any luck , visit for more distance as compared with we all did last year, use a result in a march along at the end," Harper said.

One switch could be the left field employment currently than Denard Span may be obtained that can be played center. Harper played most several outfield places previous year.

"I'm not about to your bullpen," Harper said, shrugging away that move. "I played out released there continue year. It's just simply yet another spot. Hopefully, help make several plays, throw quite a few folks out plus just simply hit. As lengthy seeing that I'm from the lineup, I'm hitting along with doing whatever I can to support this team, that's sufficient pertaining to me."

Harper says his or her included bodyweight is temporary without unusual, however that Nationals roster provides the pup during 205.

"It's a long stressful season," this individual said. "A wide range of mental strain along with such thinggs as that, wear and tear with your system whilst your mind. Going into the offseason, I simply try and decide to put most of this excess weight backside on. I receive satisfaction in my workouts, raise when hard because I can. I'm a working male who has about to lose plenty of pounds quick. I'm 230 now, plus I'll possibly decrease into regarding 220 just before originate education is actually over."

He didn't have almost any "that's a clown question" times around their very first planting season meeting when using the information media, nevertheless they hasn't shed his straightforward approach:

* While lauding Washington area fans, he in addition pointed out the number of autograph-seekers waiting to be exposed each and every morning as competitors get to camp. "I are not aware of in the event autograph guys are fans," he said. "It's similar six in existence every single day."

* Did he / she enjoy the remainder connected with last year's postseason? "Nope, university football."

* And the underside line: "It's merely my minute 12 months throughout the particular huge leagues. I'm not necessarily likely to do something different. I need excellence outside myself, plus I assume your efficiency away from our team."

GALLERY: BRYCE HARPER THE CHOSEN ONE

Show Thumbnails

About the actual Author Paul White

Paul White has been since the major leagues to get USA TODAY since 1988, still are unable to trust people pay your pet to go to ballgames but will be most glad there are actually simply no ties around baseball.

Sent! "assetid": "1920221", "aws": "sports/baseball/mlb", "aws_id": "sports_baseball_mlb", "blogname": "", "contenttype": "story pages ", "seotitle": "Bryce-harper-washington-nationals-focused-on-2013", "seotitletag": "Bryce Harper ready to 'play hurt, sick, on death bed'", "ssts": "sports/mlb/nationals", "taxonomykeywords":"Washington Nationals,Davey Johnson,Dallas Cowboys,Denard Span,Bryce Harper,National League", "templatename": "stories/default", "topic":"washington-nationals,davey-johnson,dallas-cowboys,denard-span,bryce-harper,national-league", "videoincluded":"no", "basePageType":"story"

No comments:

Post a Comment