Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Game Suspension - Nhl - Capitals Lw Ovechkin Skipping Nhl All - Sports

ARLINGTON, Virginia (AP) Alex Ovechkin is skipping your NHL All-Star game, a conclusion your dog introduced a day right after buying a three- game suspension from the league for your reach upon an opponent.

My heart and soul is actually not necessarily there. I got suspended, exactly why (do) I must move there? the captain and a two-time league MVP said Tuesday. I really like the particular (All-Star) game. It utes a great event. I appreciate that they are there.

NHL Gallery

But Ovechkin added: I experience I m possibly not worthy to become generally there suitable now. If I m suspended, I need to be suspended.

Capitals general director George McPhee mentioned he or she supported Ovechkin verts selection for you to again outside the All-Star game.

Because they s some sort of halted player, they doesn big t feel including he or she deserves being there, doesn big t need to often be a new distraction, McPhee said.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly claimed in a very statement sent with a league spokesman: In gentle connected with yesterday utes suspension, we educated that Capitals that, whilst Alex Ovechkin seemed to be however you are welcome to take part in with this quick azines All Star festivities throughout Ottawa, most people will not end up being requiring which this individual do so. We currently recognize that Alex offers made a decision that will pull away out of this weekend s events. Given your occasions involved, all of us recognize Mr. Ovechkin verts selection during this regard and now have very little purpose involving going after this matter further.

The league reported an alternative to get Ovechkin would always be proclaimed soon.

Ovechkin was punished through this NHL with Monday pertaining to starting himself to kick Pittsburgh defenseman during Washington s 4-3 overtime impairment for the Penguins on Sunday.

Ovechkin stated that absolutely no charges has been applied around the play, plus said: I don capital t trust I need to acquire a three- game suspension for your click which I did.

I had been disappointed, actually. All my career the idea ersus planning to always be just like that. My game can be (to) engage in physical. My adventure is definitely (to) play hard. I don t assume ?t had been a poor hit, unclean hit.

Like his / her player, McPhee questioned whether the actual suspension appeared to be far too severe.

I idea when I saw the hit, presently there is likely to be a fine or even just one game, this basic manager said. When the item traveled to three, I was pretty disappointed.

He acquired a goal as well as not one but two helps amongst people for Washington, which will paths Florida by simply one place in the Southeast Division. He will able to return into the lineup on Feb. five versus Montreal.

Under the terminology from the collective bargaining agreement, in addition to according to his average annual salary, Ovechkin will lose in excess of $150,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment